Splitting axe made from blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork. This lighter axe is best suited to basic splitting of ‘fireplace wood’. The shaft is curved and made from hickory.
[tab name="Technical Specs"]
- The axe is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel using traditional methods in use since 1697.
- The steel is stuck several times, increasing its density and thereby the durability of the axe.
- Has a clear tempered zone within which the axe can be sharpened whilst not detracting from the strength of the edge.
- The shaft is made from hickory and treated with linseed oil.
- Weight: 900 g
- Handle length: 500 mm / 20"
- Surface axe head: Clear lacquered