Stålberg Carpenter Axe, 850 g
With its straight handle and long, narrow and straight edge, this carpenter axe provides you with the precision any skilled craftsman demands. The finger notch in the axe head allows a grip where your hand is placed, almost straight above the center of the cutting edge, for increased precision. The axe is hand forged and made from Swedish quality steel in the forge at Hults Bruk. The forging tradition goes as far back as 1697, and the steel head is struck 40-60 times to increase density and durability to the head. This axe is named after one of Hults Bruk’s most experienced blacksmiths from the first half of the 20th century, Ernst Stålberg. Take care of your axe and it will stay a faithful companion for many years to come.
[tab name="Technical Specs"]
- Wooden handle from American hickory, treated with linseed oil
- Straighter edge with Scandinavian grind
- The edge is sharpened, polished and ready to use
- Leather axe sheath included
- Head Weight: 850 g
- Handle Type: Straight
- Weight including handle: 1230 g
- Handle: Hickory
- Handle Length: 500 mm/20"
- Surface Axe Head: Oil treatment