Ekelund Hunting Axe, 850 g
With its ground neck and medium-weight head, Ekelund Hunting Axe is ideal for easier forestry work as well as for skinning game with great precision. This makes it your perfect hunting partner. It is also an ideal gift for any hunting enthusiast. The axe is hand forged and made from Swedish quality steel in the forge at Hults Bruk. The forging tradition goes as far back as 1697, and the steel head is struck 40-60 times to increase density and durability to the head. The name of this axe comes from Gunnar Ekelund, the squire who initiated axe production at a larger scale in Hults Bruk in 1870 - 1875. Take care of your axe and it will stay a faithful companion for many years to come.
[tab name="Technical Specs"]
- Wooden handle from American hickory, treated with linseed oil
- Convex grind edge
- The edge is sharpened, polished and ready to use
- Leather axe sheath included
- Head Weight: 850 g
- Handle Type: Curved
- Weight including handle: 1210 g
- Handle: Hickory
- Handle Length: 500 mm/20"
- Surface Axe Head: Oil treatment