Qvarfot Felling Axe, 850 g
This is an axe well suited to assist you in smale scale forestry. The long shaft adds force to the striking action and the axe is also useful for splitting, bucking and processing wood. The axe is hand forged and made from Swedish quality steel in the forge at Hults Bruk. The forging tradition goes as far back as 1697, and the steel head is struck 40-60 times to increase density and durability to the head. This axe is named after one of the families who served as blacksmiths at Hults Bruk for generations, the Qvarfot’s. Take care of your axe and it will stay a faithful companion for many years to come.
[tab name="Technical Specs"]
- Wooden handle from American hickory, treated with linseed oil
- Convex grind edge
- The edge is sharpened, polished and ready to use
- Leather axe sheath included
- Head Weight: 850 g
- Handle Type: Curved
- Weight including handle: 1260 g
- Handle: Hickory
- Handle Length: 650 mm/26"
- Surface Axe Head: Oil treatment